Saturday, March 26, 2011

Run Here, Run There, Run Everywhere

These last few weeks have been completely crazy. Over the last two weeks I have had 3 midterms, 2 quizzes, 1 pop quiz and an impromptu essay, on top of the usual reading for the week. My biology exam was incredibly time consuming, taking about 30 hours total of studying. It gets worse. There are 5 weeks of school left and in those 5 weeks I have 2 speeches and a speech final, 2 biology tests and a final, 3 math tests and a final, 2 education tests and a final, a 3000 word research paper and an English final. A grand total of 12 tests, 2 speeches, and a 3000 word paper over the next 30 days. I told my sister that I should invest in Red Bull stock options. Although I have discovered that coffee works almost as well and is much more inexpensive.

Running tonight went well. My brother and I ran 4 miles in total. The first 3 we ran mostly at race pace (for me, not him) and would have finished a race in around 25 minutes. It is an improvement!

I did a lot of cross training two weeks ago on an elliptical due to the amount of time I have had to spend on school (which is more important at this time than running). We have a friend who was getting rid of it and was sweet and offered it to us. It has been such a blessing! I am not sure how these next five weeks are going to play out and how much time I will be able to devote to running. I am fairly certain that any races in April are out of the question. Thankfully I will be able to cross train and study at the same time to stay focused on my athletic and scholastic goals.

Interesting news...I decided after much prayer and discussion to contact the Rollins College Cross Country Coach to discuss that possibilities (however slim they may be) of joining the team in the fall. I emailed him and heard back from him within the hour telling me to pick a day that I could make it to the college and we could talk. Hopefully we will be meeting this week and I will find out for certain whether I will be running for Rollins College in the fall or at Seminole State College for another semester. Either way I know that God has a plan for me that involves running and I just keep praying He will make it clear to me.

My mom and I were discussing dreams, goals, and careers recently. She said something that really stuck with me and something that I think is true. She said something along the lines that we need to pray that God will not only open doors for us, but create doors that are not there. That we need to take the gifts God has given us and starting drawing our own doors for God to open. I really feel like that is true. I had been praying for months about going back to school and really wasn't sure about going. But one day God inspired me and I just decided that I was going to do everything possible to get myself into school for the upcoming semester. I made the decision to draw the doors for school and God opened the right ones according to His will. And here I am, a full-time student looking at having my degree in only two more years and my masters in four more. God is good.

My mom also sent me a link to this blog on making dreams reality and I also think this is very inspiring and true if you add God into the mix. If you have a chance, read it.
http://www.marcandangel.com/2011/03/21/12-steps-to-make-a-dream-a-reality/

Remember that nothing is impossible. The only thing stopping you from reaching your full potential is you.
Happy running.

No comments:

Post a Comment