Thursday, June 2, 2011

10 Days of Running

Ready...
...set...
...GO!!!

Let the 10 Days of Non-Stop Running in June commence!

I haven't been able to train like I wanted to over the last 6 weeks because of the craziness of life. First was finals week, which I actually ran a lot, but mostly just as a stress reliever, I didn't really "train". It was all I could do some days to just get my butt out the door and put one foot in front of the other.

The next week, I of course crashed and slept half of the week. I am pretty sure I ran no more than three days that week. That week actually merged with my Seattle trip, in which I ran twice. My first run was short, squeezed in while waiting for a friend who was driving up to visit me. My second run was a long run (with hills!) and ironically is currently my longest recorded run (75 minutes!).

I was back home for a week, which again, I was still recovering from finals and now jet-lag. Again, almost positive I only ran three days that week.

The last two weeks I was up north (in the chilly, mostly cloudy, rain, rain, rain, tornado filled weather) and ran a grand total of five times in those two weeks. Of course I did run once inside (in place) and did A LOT of core (which I need to continue...heh).

After sitting in a car for over 16 hours through the night (driving about half of that, staying awake for all) and being up for over 27 hours straight, I was sick for two days and ended up laying in bed, watching movies (and Friends), and doing homework (summer classes, bleh)...and of course, not running.

Now I am getting back on track...before my next trip in less than two weeks. I have two months before XC season starts. I still don't know where I am going to be in the fall (school-wise), however, I plan on running XC no matter what, whether it is for a college or unattached. I want the experience.

My sister is home from college for the summer and she has run XC and Track at school for the last two years (she's actually on scholarship because of it). Its great! I miss having her around and being able to spend time together, hangout, talk, etc.

She was really encouraging to me tonight (whether she knows it or not). I have been so worried about speed that I am not sure whether to to speed workouts or distance training. Thankfully she has experience and told me that I should focus on getting miles in this summer to build a base and only do one semi-fast day of training a week. I am so excited because I have been really digging the long distance runs lately.

So, Day 1: Ran about 3.5 miles (ran with a group).

My end of the year goal: run a mini-marathon.

I would also like to run the Disney Mini Relay with my Mom.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment