Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pre-Race

Race day is almost here again. Just two more days and we will be hitting the pavement. Races excited me, I love racing! The one I ran in two weeks ago was great. Not only did I PR, but I really enjoyed the race. Usually I am anxious, I get cramps or feel sick, and that makes those three miles last forever when you don't feel good. But I wasn't expecting to run well, so I just told myself to "sit back" and enjoy the run and the beautiful morning. I am going to do the same thing this weekend. Because I have been so sick over the last two weeks (a horrible ear infection and bronchitis) and am currently on antibiotics still for the infection, I am not expecting an amazing run and another PR. I plan on giving everything that I have on Saturday.

In a side note, why can't things made with butter and sugar be good for you? If they were, I would eat cookies ALL THE TIME! I love cookies, its my one horrible weakness with food.

I am officially on Spring Break! And I plan on running ALL week! I have a lot of ground to make up (pun intended).

Running Tip of the Week: Strengthen your core to reduce the amount of of work your legs must do to run fast. By strengthening your core, you stabilize your your back and upper body which reduces the chances of injury. You also are able to use your core muscles to propel your body forward and breath more effectively, allowing you to run more "economically".

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to this race and to the next week of running! Can I come too?!!! (Old lady and all!!) (Of course if I haven't killed myself playing DDR!)

    ReplyDelete