Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Wonderful World of Running

This past week has been great! I have achieved running goals and had a great week of training. Last Saturday I went for a long run. Usually I can't get myself to run longer than 45 minutes at a time and any runs that have been over 5 miles have usually been split up. However, this time I was determined to run for an hour without stopping. I grabbed my iPod, put on my ankle bunga pads (for those of you that don't know, those are typically used by figure skaters) to avoid scrapping all of the skin off of my heels again, and started off on my run. The first mile was difficult. I am not good at setting a slow pace (I always want to push myself faster) and was struggling to find a pace that wouldn't kill me. Finally I got settle into a pace. I ran 6 miles in 60 minutes, which I consider a fairly good pace for the first long run.

Thursday morning I woke up with a slightly scratchy throat that had transformed by Friday into a full blown cold. Yesterday morning (race day) I ran a 5k in 25:26, cutting 34 seconds from my race time last month! I am very excited! My Mom also ran the 5k, it was her first 5k and she did great! She ran the entire race! We had a lot of fun.

Our next 5k is in two weeks (March 5th). My goal is to cut another 30 seconds off my time and finish under 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment