Friday, January 14, 2011

Let the Races Begin!

To begin (and further motivate me) this new running "season", I am going to run the Seasons 52 5.2K on January 22nd! I have a week to prepare for this. I am already pumped! I am just hoping that the weather warms up some before then because otherwise its going to be a very cold morning run. My goal is to run it is 26:25 (8 minute miles). I would love to run it in under 26 minutes, but I haven't ran a race in awhile and I don't want to pressure myself with overbearing goals for this first race.

I love the weekend. Especially this weekend. Last night was my last class until Tuesday and I worked for half a day today. Its almost like having a 4 day weekend. Plus Mark has today off, so we are going to be taking off on a date in the next hour. I love date night. Usually Mark works on Fridays and its Ladies Night with my Mom, my Char and Teresa (and Holly when she is not at school or busy). We haven't decided where to go yet though. I am hoping Mark will decide, but I do kind of want to try out the Elephant Bar.

My husband just informed me that he is really hungry. I think that translates to "let's go!'.

Happy running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment